Thursday, March 31, 2011

as........as < equal comparison>

as... as
• To say that two things or people are the same or equal:
   My son is as tall as you.
• To say that two things or people are not the same or equal:
   The second half of the football match was not as exciting as the first half.
Practice
Complete these sentences, using the adjectives in the box.
  • boring,  comfortable,  dangerous,  deep,  difficult, feet,  independent,  old,  relaxing,  valuable.
1 This summer is not as .hot.. as last summer.
2 I hope his new book is not as .boring...as his last one.
3 She was afraid of flying, but I told her it's not as........... as
    traveling by car.
4 Don't worry. The river isn't as......... as it looks.
5 Silver isn't as.......... as gold.
6 Dogs aren't as.......... as cats.
7 Our new car is very fast, but it's not as.......... as the old one.
8 Do you think French is as .............to learn as English?
9 Were you really born in 1980? I didn't realise you were as...........as me.
10 For me, lying on the beach is not as ..............as walking in
     the mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment