Thursday, March 31, 2011

Something, Anything; Someone, Anyone (or somebody, anybody)

Positive
There's someone at the door.
I've got something to tell you.

Negative
I didn't know anyone at the party.
We didn't have anything to drink.

Question
Did you meet anyone at the club?
Do you know anything about this place?

Note: 
Can I have ...?, Would you like ...? + something, someone:
Would you tike something to eat? < Offers>
Can I have something to drink?

Practice
Underline the correct word in each sentence.
1 Is there {something, Anything) to eat in the fridge?
2 There's {something/anything) about your friend Alec in the paper.
3 I met [someone/anyone) from your office last night.
4 I called at their house but there wasn't {someone/anyone) in.
5 Do you know {someone/anyone) in this street?

No comments:

Post a Comment