Thursday, March 31, 2011

some and any

some and any

Penggunaan Some dan Any

some is used in positive sentences
a) with plural countable nouns:
    Some people arrived.
    I'd like a loaf and some eggs, please.
b] with uncountable nouns
    :I bought some milk.
     I'd like some water, please.
any is used like some, but in negative sentences and questions
a) with plural countable nouns:
   Did you meet, any friends in town?
   I didn't buy any eggs.
b) with uncountable nouns:
   Did you buy any milk?
   I didn't have any water.
No is also used to mean not any, but with a positive verb form:
   There were no eggs in the market.
   I had no water.
some is used in offers: < di gunakan untuk menawarkan sesuatu>
   Would you like some coffee?
   Would you like some tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment