Thursday, March 31, 2011

INVITATION


INVITATION
Di sini kita membahas cara atau ekspresi untuk sebuah undangan / ajakan, dalam lingkup formal dan informal
  1. if we want to invite someone:
·        Would you like to come to my house to have a party?
·        I would like you to………
·        How about coming to…….
·        We would be pleased if you could…….
  1. To accept an invitation:
    • Thank you
    • All right
    • Ok
    • Yes I would. Thanks
    • That would be very nice. Thank you
    • I’d love to. Thanks.
  2. To refuse/ decline an invitation:
·        I’d love to but I’m sorry, I cant.
·        That’s nice. However…..
·        That’s great unfortunately……..
·        That’s very kind of you, but……
·        Sorry, that wouldn’t be possible. Thanks anyway.

Example:
Sule: We’d like to invite you and your wife for dinner this Saturday evening. Would you like be able to come jim?
Jim: this Saturday evening? oh, I’m sorry, I have a plan to go out of town until Sunday Evening.
Sule: that’s okay. How about you ajiz? Would you like to come to the dinner?
Ajis: yes. I’d love to.
Sule: We hope you’ll be able to join us.
Ajis: thank you for the invitation. We’d be very happy to come.
Sule: Good
Ajis: What time should we come?
Sule: How about 07.00?
Ajis: 07.00? Fine. We’ll be looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment